Requirements For Outdoor Fireworks Displays
Producing a show takes significant effort on behalf of the client and SA Fireworks. Our combined effort will produce a spectacular event that will exceed your expectations. While we will be responsible for most of the technical, creative and regulatory aspects of the show the client does have some responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: IF WANTING TO BOOK A FIREWORKS DISPLAY, WE REQUIRE AT LEAST FOUR (4) WEEKS NOTICE.
- SA Fireworks Responsibilities -
Permits & Regulatory Compliance -
We will ensure that all necessary permits, licenses and fees are satisfied for your show. If there are special regulatory requirements (e.g.. noise or time requirements) for your show they will be acknowledged in your proposal.
- Aquatic Licenses: is required for fireworks to be shot on shared waterways. - If required SA Fireworks will obtain an aquatic license from the Dept of Transport.
- CASA Clearances: is required if fireworks will rise above 400ft. - SA Fireworks will obtain air clearances from CASA to conduct a fireworks display.
- Council Approvals: is required for all Council owned lands. - If required SA Fireworks will consult with the relevant council to obtain approvals to conduct the fireworks display.
- CFS 9th Schedule Permits: is required for all outdoor firework displays during the summer period. - SA Fireworks will obtain a 9th Schedule Permit from the CFS.
- Fire Appliance: is required if requested by the CFS under the 9th Schedule permit. - If required SA Fireworks will organise a MFS or CFS fire appliance to be present. Please note there are fees involved when booking a CFS fire appliance.
- Land Permission: is required to be obtained for all outdoor fireworks displays. - SA Fireworks will consult and obtain land permission from the owners or custodians of the land.
- Notification to the public: is required to be actioned no less then 7 days and no more than 14 days prior to the event. - SA Fireworks will place a notice of a fireworks display in the public notices section of the Advertiser.
- Risk Assessments: - SA Fireworks will conduct a risk assessment for the fireworks displays and issue it to the relevant parties involved.
- Safework SA: is required to be notified for all outdoor firework displays no less than 7 days prior to the event. - SA Fireworks will notify Safework SA of the coming display.
Coordination with Fire Service Personnel -
We will work with the local fire service personnel to ensure that your show satisfies the local regulations.
We are responsible for the transportation of the materials, crew, and equipment to and from the firing location.
Licensed Operators -
We are responsible for obtaining a licensed crew that is qualified to produce your show.
Materials & Product -
We are responsible for obtaining all fireworks and related materials for your show.
We are responsible for obtaining the necessary insurance to adequately cover the pyrotechnics display.
Audio Soundtrack Production -
If your show requires a specialised audio sound track we will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the media. Often the media will be delivered on the day of the show.
We are responsible for obtaining all equipment necessary to setup, shoot, transport, and clean up the show.
- Client Responsibilities -
The client is responsible for obtaining the services of a qualified security firm to provide overnight guard services as well as day of event services.
The client is responsible for obtaining the necessary permission for the firing location.
Please use this form for Land Permission
SA Fireworks does not provide any staging or rigging.
Audio & Visual Requirements -
The client is responsible for obtaining the necessary equipment for music amplification or video display. SA Fireworks will provide Audio MP3 player and wireless transmitters to project the time code to the firing location. SA Fireworks does not provide any audio or video production.
Power Requirements -
If required, the client is responsible for providing adequate power 240vac to the firing location.
Garbage Disposal Requirements -
If needed, the client is responsible for obtaining the necessary garbage disposal bins. SA Fireworks will identify the particular size and quantity requirements.
Crew Restroom Facilities -
The client is responsible for providing adequate restroom facilities for the pyrotechnics crew.
Communications Equipment -
If required, the client is responsible for providing any communications equipment to the crew. For example, if it is required that the Pyrotechnics Operator communicate with the staging manager to coordinate the start of the show, the client must provide the communications radio.
Additional Clean Up -
After the show the crew will dispose of a majority of the firework’s debris. However, any additional cleaning is the responsibility of the client.