If you are interested in becoming a pyrotechnician within our team at SA Fireworks, firstly all work in our industry is regulated by state government authorities such as Safework SA South Australia, WorkWorkCover NSW and WorkSafe Victoria. To find out more information about the regulations and licencing in your state & territory please contact those authorities directly.
In the state of SA to become a licenced pyrotechnician you must be over 21 years of age, have the necessary qualifications, experience and knowledge. Have a National Police Clearance Certificate (preferably no convictions).
If you are interested in working with SA Fireworks, the first step is to send us:
1. Contact Details (Full name, address, mobile, email, date of birth, drivers licence #, etc)
2. If you hold a Pyrotechnics Licence, Copy of current Licence
Once we have all this information, we will contact you and invite you to work alongside one of our licenced pyrotechnicians on a firework displays as a trail. This pyrotechnician will be looking closely at your competency on displays and also your work ethics which will play a major part in determining whether we would offer you a position to work in our team. If we are happy with your work performance, *we will then arrange for you to do some training with our colleagues in Sydney, Foti International Fireworks. After completion then you will join our team and have the opportunity to work on some amazing fireworks and special effect displays as we assist you and train you to gain more experience and knowledge.
If you are looking to gain additional skills, training and attributes to obtain in becoming a pyrotechnician with us here.
Here are a few things we look for when recruiting our new pyrotechnicians:
1. First Aid Training & Certificate.
2. No previous history of work related injuries.
3. Current National Police Clearance Certificate.
4. Elevated Platform Training & Certificate.
5. Basic to Senior Rigging Training & Certificate.
6. Access to own vehicle or reliable transport due to variable worksite locations and work hours.
7. Ability and willingness to travel if required.
8. A great work ethic and desire to work as a team.
Email your interest to [email protected]
*Note all associated traveling and living expenses will be at the trainees own cost.